How I Beat Back Pain … my story
I was told back pain is a very common condition but it was never made clear to me as to how I could manage my lower back pain; this chronic condition.
I could not understand why I suffered from back pain when I was generally a fit individual with an active lifestyle who regularly played golf, football and took part in all types of activities, including DIY.
I was unable to sit for more than 3 minutes in one place without having to stand up and stretch. This made it difficult to sleep. Deprived of sleep and in pain, meant I was unable to focus on my work which led me to feeling unwell in myself. This is when I decided I had to do something about my condition.
My first course of action was to try some “over the counter” painkillers but it was a temporary ’fix’ and of little benefit; so on my doctors’ advice I joined a gym. I followed a regime of specific exercises and stretches to strengthen my back and improve posture. Having worked on these over several months, I found it helped to an extent but it did not provide a long term solution; the back pain would come back without warning.
At this point I decided to visit a Physiotherapist. It was at one of these sessions that my Physio asked whether I had heard of CBD and she told me how it was known to have helped other users with their chronic pain; back pain being in the main.
I did my own research and though it is bit of a cliche, I have not ’looked back’ since!
At this point I cannot stress enough how important it is to source CBD from reputable suppliers.
CBD comes in many forms and strengths. It can be used orally and topically. I chose to opt for 1000mg CBD oil which was administered directly under my tongue.
Within 3 weeks I felt great improvement and it is now a part of my daily routine.
On a personal note it has made a huge positive effect on me and have no hesitation in recommending it . I have to accept that CBD is not for everyone and that there will be psynichs or those with reservation or they have other medical conditions to consider, BUT as the phrase goes …
“Don’t Knock It Till You‘ve Tried It !”
SOME INTERESTING FACTS BACK PAIN
- Back pain is #1 cause of debilitating pain and often the cause is unclear.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of the population will experience back pain in their lifetime and it affects all age groups.
- Millions of hours are lost in the workplace due to back problems.
- 2 types of back pain are…Acute, or short-term back pain which lasts a few days to a few weeks AND Chronic back pain which is defined as pain that continues for 12 weeks or longer.
- There is mounting evidence that shows CBD plays a greater role in managing chronic back pain.
- CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties and it has also been found to supress neuropathic chronic pain.
- Studies show CBD also helps in managing other disorders associated with back pain such as anxiety, sleep disorders and depression.
Final Thoughts – Healthy Lifestyle
More research needs to be done on CBD, but there are signs that CBD can help people feel better. The endorsement from the World Health Organisation will only accelerate growing interest in the therapeutic potential of CBD. Just keep in mind that with any emerging product, especially as it relates to your health, it is important to do your research thus, protecting yourself from bad information and if in doubt, always consult your doctor prior to purchasing.
We hope that you have found this article to be useful and informative. We stress that we make no claims of cure from use our CBD products.